At about 6:30 we heard from Cathy's sister that her dad, Al, is in the hospital. He has two hemorrhages applying pressure on his brain. At first they were just holding him there while waiting for a surgeon to relieve the pressure. From the first call we were told that it does not look good.
Cathy's dad is on a ventilator and they are trying to control his blood pressure.
Each passing minute makes his recovery less likely. He might lose some sight, movement, or worse, although it is possible that most if not all complications would be mitigated by relieving pressure on his brain.
About 8:30 PM we heard he was being airlifted as a surgeon became available. There will be an examination and possibly surgery.
About 10:45 PM our time they were at the destination, but I don't know how long they were there before we heard. I haven't heard anything since. We've been praying and praying, and I hope no news is a good thing at this point, since it probably means they are treating dad right now.
Please pray. I'll be twittering updates as we go and blogging / emailing after a major update.
At this point, we're thinking we'll pack the RV and head out to Georgia, either to help during Al's recovery or to attend his funeral. The doctors are very pessimistic, but this is the same guy that God healed last year. God is good; we'll see how things turn out.