Salmon Patties (Gluten Free)
Because Cathy has Celiac disease (an an immune disease in which people can't eat gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye), we make our own recipes for our favorites. And because scraps of paper get stained, damaged, or lost, I sometimes write up a blog post for our recipes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: approximately 12 patties
- 15 oz canned salmon with liquid
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup stoneground cornmeal
- ⅛ cup ground flax seed
- ½ tablespoon lemon & pepper seasoning
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (original)
- 1 bottle of grapeseed oil (quantity depends on your pan)
- In a large bowl, flake salmon, mashing bones well, keeping the liquid for moisture.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, flax seeds, and lemon pepper. Mix in onions and bell pepper.
- Stir in contents of the small bowl into the flaked salmon. Stir in the eggs, lemon juice, and Tabasco sauce.
- Form salmon mixture into patties approximately ¼ cup each. The thicker the patties, the longer you will need to cook them.
- Brown patties in oil over medium heat in a shallow pool of oil. Use enough oil to reach almost half-way up the patties. Cook for about 15 minutes, flipping over once.